Sunday, September 21, 2014

18” Doll Pizza



This week I decided to take on the task of making both dollhouse scale and 18” doll scale pizzas with videos. It was interesting moving back and forth to make the video. Hopefully it worked out okay and I got everything in both videos.

If you want to see the dollhouse pizza that video is here.

Since I am trying to break down polymer clay projects so that those that haven't tried working with this medium will be comfortable I tried to keep this as simple as I could and still help you to create a beautiful project. One thing that I did to help with that was to limit the number of colors of clay I used. The entire project only uses 3 colors of Fimo brand polymer clay!

For the pizza pan I used the lid from a large (28 oz) can of tomatoes. I have one of those really cool can openers that un-rolls the seam on the top of the can rather than cuts it. If you don't have one of those don't worry either make a pan with some aluminum foil over cardboard or make your pizza without the pan.

For clay you will need Fimo in the following colors:
Sahara
Translucent Yellow
Light Flesh

You will also need: something to roll out your clay, a work surface, a baking surface, artist chalk in: ochre, reddish brown and dark brown, a brush to apply the chalk, a craft knife, a clay knife, a brass brush and an eyeshadow brush, Tomato Spice Acrylic paint, lemon yellow and white shiny Scribbles paints. (I'm really hoping I didn't miss anything I that list)


Basically you are going to fill the bottom of your pizza pan with the clay, brush it with the chalks to “bake it” make the toppings and brush them with the same chalks to make them looked “baked”. Then you will bake off all your clay pieces, add the tomato sauce paint and allow it to dry. Add the “cheese” paint and use it to glue on your toppings.

You can make any toppings you want. I chose these because they are among the easiest to replicate with the polymer clay. If I get enough interest I might show you other pizzas in future videos. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment