Wednesday, December 31, 2014

December Sewing Update

Okay so I debated whether or not I should even post this one this month. I really haven't had the time to do much doll size sewing at all. I only got three Christmas themed long sleeve t-shirts finished this month and that was only because the sew along in my doll sewing group was for anything for Christmas.



I did cut out a couple more shirts but didn't have time to finish them. I will hopefully get back to them soon.

So here is a picture of the girls in their shirts in front of my real life tree in my living room. The shirts are all made from a pattern I have been tweaking for a couple of years. I started with the pattern for a t-shirt in Joan Hinds Contemporary Wardrobe Book. After I made it up the first time (a couple of years ago) I started to adjust it to fit the way I wanted. I don't remember what all I have done to that pattern except I know I made it longer and a bit more fitted. I have also re-drawn it with several different necklines so I can pretty much use it to make any style shirt I want. I have also used my adjustments to make a raglan sleeve top too. This is my go to pattern for tops I have also made it longer for a tunic type top (ending mid-thigh) that I have sold to several people.

For this sew along I wanted to make the kids some Christmas t-shirts, the only ones I got done were the ones I used my embroidery machine to decorate. I had others planned but I guess they will happen another year. The three designs I used all came form Embroidery Designs.com. All of these were in their free designs, this company allows you to get 3 free designs per week (more if you buy their designs that are for sale) I have had really good luck with their designs and so far have been really happy with them. One nice thing for using these free designs for doll things is most of them come pretty small to begin with. All I did was to use the re-size option on my sewing machine before I started sewing. The present design was supposed to have a fourth present but I liked the way it looked with only three, odd numbers are usually more visually appealing and it fit so nicely on the shirt this way.

So if I wasn't sewing for the dolls what was I doing you might be asking. I did sew a couple of aprons for Christmas presents and that was all the sewing I got done. I spent a lot of time still working on getting my storage room/ studio in shape. It still has a long way to go but I hope to have it useable in a week or so. I want to get back to doing all my blogs and I need the space to do the photos.

I hope everyone had a wonderful December- no matter what holiday you celebrated. I am looking forward to the new year and I hope it brings all of us good health, good fortune, and many friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment