Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Grace is Here!!!!!

Grace finally got here, it took forever- or at least it seemed like forever! I ordered her on the 1st and she finally got here today. (the 13th ) I guess this is one of the downsides to living on the West coast of the US when everything ships from the east side of the country. I actually briefly considered driving to the nearest American Girl store on the 1st to get her in person but since that is a 4 hour drive (each way) I decided that would be out of the question for a rational person. I did consider it though.

It did take a lot of self control to not tear the box open right in the middle of the parking lot at the post office but I was good. I waited until I got home. I was going to film an un-boxing video but my camera decided to not play nice and the video didn't turn out. Of course I didn't realize that until I had everything out of the box and I just don't feel like putting everything back together and starting over. I want to play instead. So you are going to have to settle for this blog post with photos.

My first impressions of Grace: she is so pretty! I don't normally like dolls with freckles but she is the exception. Her face mold is so pretty and I love that her brown hair has highlights. The blue of her eyes is really pretty too.



 I have only purchased American Girl dolls online since the store is so far away (and fairly new) and I always worry that I will get a doll that has a defect but so far I have been lucky. My Grace is a little looser in the leg joints than I would like but not bad at all. She stands just fine, it is just that one of her legs droops a bit when you hold her up horizontally. Otherwise I can't find anything wrong with her.



I do love the cute little boots she is wearing and while the tee shirt, skirt and undies are cute they are not really special. I do wish I had added the ear piercing to her, I was going to and forgot about it when I ordered. I mainly wanted to do that to have the cute Paris themed earrings that would have come with her then. The charm bracelet that comes with her is very cute but very hard to put on. I think I will probably switch out the fastener on it to something that is easier to use.

















I also purchased a few things to go with her.

I got the second book so I would have her entire story. I haven't even opened the books yet but I am looking forward to learning about Grace.

I also got the welcome gift set. This includes a box of macarons, an Eiffel Tower cookie in a bag, a bouquet of flowers, a pink felt beret, and 3 post cards. The pieces are really cute, I am looking forward to challenging myself to making some more of the macarons I will make them separate however. (I didn't get a photo of the beret before the battery in my camera went dead on me)















The other thing I got- and probably the part I was most excited about was the Baking Set! I fell in love with the mixer as soon as I saw it. It looks just like my real one (okay different color but you know what I mean) I knew I would never be able to make a mixer that detailed and it will be so cute in the kitchen set I already made. You can expect to see a lot of this set in future blog posts! 















 


This set also contains- a box of almond flour, a sifter, measuring cups, a pastry cutter, a wooden spoon, a recipe booklet (for real treats) and a pretend tablet for the dolls.




































I am really excited to add Grace into my collection although she will not be keeping her name. I have another name already picked out for her and she will be joining the rest of the dolls in one of my Allison's Journal blog posts very soon.

I hope you enjoy the photos and will be back to meet this doll and learn her place in the family .

No comments:

Post a Comment