Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Knife Experiment

 
Allison showing off the new knife set

the scene for the tutorial
Yesterday when I finished up the apples that will be the tutorial for this blog and the YouTube channel next week I felt I needed a couple of props to make the photos of the finished apples look their best. I decided that a knife and a cutting board would be just perfect. I looked through my collection of props that I have and found nothing so I decided to quickly make something out of polymer clay.

I liked the end result I did a bit more playing this morning with the idea. While at least one of the changes I made in the hopes of making them a bit easier I feel detracts from the finished knives I am overall happy with them.
the entire set

boning knife

chef's knife

bread knife

paring knife


So now for a question for all of you- should I continue to work on these and come up with a tutorial for them? How many of you would be interested in this project?

A quick hint- there is no real metal involved in these.

14 comments:

  1. I'd be very interested. The knives are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These would be great! They look very real

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be interested. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to know how you made the knife blades. Did you consider making the handles have rivets? Just a thought

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so creative. These are great and a tutorial would be great. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be interested in the knives tutorial and any others to add to the 18-ich girls. Thanks for getting itereted in them.toom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I would like for you to do a tutorial on the knives and flatware as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I think you should do a tutorial on the knives and flat ware sets made from polymer clay. That would be awesome.😘

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I think you should do a tutorial on the knives made out of clay. Would be awesome.😘

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I think you should do a tutorial on the knives made out of clay. Would be awesome.😘

    ReplyDelete