Thursday, June 18, 2015

Bakery Box Kit


I am so excited about this kit! I had noticed that Ann from Paper Minis had a new kit in the smaller scales a while back for a set of bakery boxes. I know how many of you are making AG size bakeries right now so I started bugging Ann about making this in our scale. I explained to her about the girl of the theme and she came through in flying colors! She even switched up the graphics to give this scale a French Bakery theme!! Here is a link to her website, I really encourage you to hop over there and order this kit. It is truly one of my all time favorites.

I do plan to make some cakes for the cake boxes in future videos so stay tuned for those.



Now on to our project!

What you receive in the mail is a CD with the printables in the form of PDF's ready for you to print on your printer. You do need to go in and make sure that your printer is set up to print “borderless” (your printer might have a different term but basically you need to have the printer not have a border around the page) on my printer I go into the “preferences” tab to make this change. I also make sure that I check it before I print every page. I have had the printer decide that I wanted it to go back to normal in the middle of printing my pages.

When you put the disk into your computer the first page will be the “home page” I went ahead and printed this out to show you on the video but you don't need to. This page provides some basic information, photos of the finished project and links to the rest of the pages.

Ann has also included a really nice tutorial page on the disk also.

There are 5 pages to print out. I used regular cardstock for the boxes and a sheet of matte photo paper for the cake inserts.

You will also need basic tools, some glue and some acetate sheet material (plastic windows from packaging works great too)

As you saw in the video the boxes go together really easy and are just beautiful when finished.

Ann even provides inserts for the cake boxes so they look like they have fancy bakery cakes in them!

Here are some close up photos of my finished boxes.












2 comments:

  1. Joanne, I have been waffling on whether to purchase that one - it drew me to it also. But now that I see you have actually worked with them, I'm on my way to warm up that credit card. Great job as always ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete