Monday, August 17, 2015

Doll School Supplies part 2




This week we are adding a 3 ring binder and some notebook paper to our doll's back to school supplies. Now first I need to tell you that unfortunately the rings don't actually function. I have no idea how to do that, well, I have an idea but I need to do some research first. Anyway, the rings I used look like they work and if you are really careful you can put the paper in the notebook. Just be careful and you should be okay. At the worst you might need to glue the rings back on.

So I used one of my go to materials for this project, a cracker box. I love the weight of the cardboard used in these and they are free. (in fact since they aren't going into my garbage they save me money since we pay by the weight of our garbage when we take it into the dump)

So here is a list of all the pieces you have to cut to make the project. I am hoping I didn't miss anything. If I did leave anything out let me know so I can add it to the list.

Paperboard (our cracker box)
2 pieces cut at 4” by 3 7/8”
1 piece cut 4” by ¾”

Cardstock

Outside cover
cut 1 piece 4 ¾” by 9 ¾”

Inside cover
measure your assembled cover mine was cut 3 ¾” by 8 ¾”

Jumbo craft sticks
1 cut 3 ¾” long
2 cut 1 1/8” long
2 cut ½”



Now for the notebook paper cut the sheets to measure
3 ½” by 2 5/8”

You of course can make your notebook any size you wish. After all the real ones come in many sizes. I patterned this one after the note book I had handy and I do admit is a large one.

I hope you enjoyed the project.

Be sure to find us on Facebook if you haven't already. I try to keep everyone informed about any changes in the video schedule and sometimes I even show some photos of the week's tutorial there a bit ahead of the time it arrives on Youtube.


No comments:

Post a Comment