Monday, August 24, 2015

Doll Size Slushie



This week I am going to show you how to make a cute (and refreshing) Slushie for your dolls.



I was already thinking that I should come up with some kind of “fair food” for this week's tutorial since it is County and State Fair time where I live. Then on one of the Facebook groups that I belong to (sorry I have no idea which one now or who posted) had posted a photo of the same red cups I had just gotten and was wondering how to make Slushies for them.

I have made Slushies in other scales in the past and knew exactly how I would go about this project so my decision for this week's tutorial was an easy one. I just had to go to town to pick up a new package of resin.

So these cups are sold at the Dollar Tree and I am assuming are meant to be shot glasses for real people. They are fairly much in scale for the dolls especially since this style of real cup is often a bit bigger than other cups we use.

If you can't get these cups or just don't want to use them go ahead and use whatever cup you have. Anything in scale will work. If your cup is clear (like the regular plastic shot glasses or the plastic communion cups that I see some people use) you will have to fill the entire cup with the sand mixture we used on the top. I think I would work in layers in that case so that the part on the bottom of the cup will set up properly. It would be fun to layer a couple of different colors (flavors) in a clear cup.

I explained in the video that I used just resin in the base of mine for two reasons. I think the sand would have made the finished project a lot heavier and I didn't have enough sand to fill the entire cup. As you saw when we mixed the part for the top it takes a lot of sand to do this.

Since craft sand comes in all different colors you can create just about any flavor slushie for your dolls that you want to.

Be sure to show me your projects, I want to see what you are working on!


Also be sure to request things you want to see me make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment