Monday, November 2, 2015

Doll Size Grocery Kit


A while back my friend Ann over at Paper Minis contacted me to see if I would be able to share her new kit for the 18” dolls with you when it was ready. Of course I jumped at the chance since I am a huge fan of Ann's kits and love every one of them.

This time she is providing our 18” doll with a wonderful set of modern day groceries, the Contemporary Groceries kit.



Like all of Ann's kits for 18” dolls this one comes to you on a CD that contains PDF files that you then print off via your computer's printer.

The home page that you first see when you open the files gives you links to all the printable pages as well as a photograph of the finished project.

Be sure to look at Ann's recommendations for what paper to print on. I did vary a bit from her recommendations in that she suggests printing the page with the can lids on regular paper. I used cardstock for that and most of the pages. I did use regular paper for the page with the bags of sugar, flour and the grocery bag.

This is a fairly easy kit to assemble especially if you have done any printables in the past. I do recommend taking your time and spreading this kit out over several sessions because there are a lot of pieces to construct.

Also I only work on 1 page at a time most of the time. It is easier to keep track of all the parts this way. The only exception to this was I did cut all the cans at one time even though they were on two pages. The trick with the pen is optional but it really helps the paper pieces look like they are real metal cans so I recommend taking that small extra step. The metallic Sharpies are not that expensive and I use mine often.


I had already finished my filming before I noticed that I somehow missed the little box of butter when I was going over all the things that are in the kit. I took pictures of groups of the things from the kit so hopefully you can see them better.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment