Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Doll Size Valentine's Day Cookies


This week I wanted to show you how to make some really simple but very cute cookies for the dolls for Valentine's Day. These are supposed to be decorated sugar type cookies and they are so easy and so fun to make.



I used a mix of two colors of Premo! brand clay- white and ecru mixed in equal parts. Either color alone is too stark for the cookies but together they are wonderful. I use a ¼ package of each color and you can see how many cookies I got from that. I had very little left since I just kept re-rolling and cutting until there just wasn't enough clay left to make another cookie from.

I rolled mine out using my pasta machine on the thickest setting and I think it is just about perfect for these.

One of the main things I wanted to show this week was to use the plastic wrap to make the cookies look more like real baked cookies. I love that trick and it is so easy to do. I really hope you try it.

For the icing I like to use Scribbles 3D fabric paints, they come in so many colors and aren't very expensive. The only color I have trouble with as far as the color shifting over time is the white. That is only in the bottle not on the finished items. The rest of the colors seem to hold up much better.


For sprinkles you have many choices and I showed you my favorites. Just have fun with the decorating process and use your imagination. (or hop online and find some inspiration) 

2 comments:

  1. Love this tutorial I found it on youtube not sure how :) I can't wait to try for neighbor girlie gifts THX Elaine

    ReplyDelete