Monday, March 28, 2016

Doll Size Serving Tray





This week I decided to make a serving tray for the dolls. Going into the project I had a very vague idea of what I wanted the finished tray to look like. I knew I wanted to do the “tiles” for the top and I wanted the rest of the tray to look like wood. I knew the size I wanted- 4” by 7” to translate roughly to a 12” by 18” real size. And I knew I wanted to add handles to the ends. That was as far as my thought process had gotten when I started filming. As the project progressed I came up with the rest and I am very happy with the finished result.

I wanted to use, for the most part things that most of us have easy access to and many of us probably would have the majority on hand. The only thing not from my stash was the wood grain paper, the rest of the items are things I already had.

I love to use cereal boxes and foam core for doll projects. Both are either inexpensive or free and they are easy to work with. Both can be easily cut with a craft knife and/or scissors and they take glue well. Paper is another of my go to craft items.

I cut the parts for the tray base at 4” by 7” and the strips (foam core and paper board) at ½” by longer than I would need them to be. I wanted to be able to cut the strips to fit the project once I got ready to use them so as long as they were at least as long as the tray parts they are fine.

This project is really easy, it just takes some patience to wait for things to dry in between steps. I hope you give this a try.


And be sure to send along some photos of you project I want to see what you make too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment