Monday, April 25, 2016

Doll Size Nachos


This week I decided to take some of those tortilla chips we made last week (if you missed that video it right here) and make some nachos. I know my kids love nachos so I bet the dolls will too. (heck I love nachos too)



For this project we only need a couple of things in addition to the chips we made last week. We need a container of some kind to put them in. I used one of the small square plates from one of those appetizer sets from the party store. I also thought about using some card stock to make one of the boat things that some of the fast food nachos come in. Maybe we will do that for a future project. The only other things you actually need is glue (Beacon 527) and some fabric paint in a nacho cheese color. I am using up a bottle of a brand I have never seen since I got this one. I know that Scribbles 3-D paints has a color that is really close. You want a yellow orange color. Optionally you might want some toppers, I mixed up small amounts of red, black and a leafy green clay with equal parts translucent clay, rolled them really thin, baked them off and cut tiny bits to represent chopped tomatoes, olives and pepper. I also took some scrap white clay to make a bit of filler for my plate so I could get a bit more height to my finished nacho without using so many chips. At the end I also used some white Scribbles 3-D paint for some sour cream.

Making a doll nacho is pretty similar to making a real one at this point other than you have to use some glue and you have to wait for everything to dry.


If you add the sour cream to yours be sure to let the cheese dry first so that the sour cream will sit nicely on top of it and not mix in and sink down. 



No comments:

Post a Comment