Monday, July 25, 2016

Doll Size Onion Rings




This week I thought it would be nice to make something to go with those burgers we have been making for the dolls. Since I have already made a tutorial on regular fries I decided it should either be curly fries or onion rings. I got out my clay and made some of each. Then I just couldn't decide which one to make the tutorial for this week. I posted a picture of both on my Facebook page and put it up to a very informal vote. The onion rings won so that goes up this week. Next week we will make the curly fries. Both projects are super easy and only require some white clay (any brand will work)

So for the onion rings we do need some round clay cutters in sizes ranging from about an inch in diameter down to about ¼” in diameter (my smallest one is actually 3/16”.

Just roll the clay out and cut rounds with the largest cutter then cut rings out that working from largest to smallest cutters. It is so much easier to work in that order, going from smallest to largest is just a lot harder for some reason.

Bake these rings and allow to cool.

Now the magic happens and for the magic we need some Amber Gallery Glass paint and white sand. Now just work in layers like I showed in the video.

There you have it! Onion Rings!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment