Monday, August 1, 2016

Doll Size Curly Fries




So this week we get to make those curly fries, I think you can see why I had so much trouble deciding which project to offer first between this and the curly fries. These are just so darn easy and sooooo cute!

Again we only need some white clay and it really doesn't matter what brand. Any white polymer clay will work just fine.

The two secrets to this project are the shading with the chalks (you need a good deep colored coating) and wrapping them around various sizes of knitting needles and other similar object.

After you are happy with the coloring of you fries, wrap them around different sizes of forms. I prefer the knitting needles but I didn't have enough different sizes so I also used a few golf tees and a wooden skewer. The variety of sizes and making sure you wrap some tightly and some loosely will make them look more realistic.

Now for the slightly painful but so the most important part. These need to be removed from their forms while they are still hot. If you allow them to get cold first you are much more likely to break your clay trying to remove them. Just use something to hold protect your fingers and work quickly. It really isn't that bad.

So there you have it- the dolls now have curly fries to eat with those burgers (or of course they may prefer the hot dogs from a few months ago)

If you make any of my projects be sure to share some pictures with me. I love to see what you are making.




Also let me know if you have any requests for things to make. I love it when I can show you how to make the things you want to make for your dolls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment