Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Doll Size Fireplace pt 5


This week we are adding a fake fire to our doll's fireplace. I love how this turned out and the best part was I made it from stuff I had on hand.



For the fire grate I made a structure out of craft sticks, skinny sticks and a couple of wooden shapes that I had from the craft store.

The craft sticks were marked at ½” from each end for the “feet” to be glued on. Then on the reverse side of the sticks I marked every ½” for the spacing of the skinny sticks.

The skinny sticks were cut to 2 ¾” long with a mark at ½” from one end for placement on the craft sticks.


The Beacon 3-in-1 glue, I know one of my favorite Youtube crafters raves about it. I was thinking it was Lindsay from the The Frugal Crafter but I am not sure. It could have been her or someone else. Whoever it was they were correct. This is a fantastic glue for this project. I need to play with it some more soon.

The sticks I used for the “firewood” were just cut from some of the branches on the trees along my driveway. I did cut them down to about the size I was going to use and then I baked them in my oven at a low temperature for about 30 minutes. I wanted to try to kill any bugs that might have been making a home in them for the winter. Also it was really wet (raining really hard) the day I gathered them so they were pretty wet. I wanted to get at least the surface dry enough that the glue would stick to them.



I love how this entire project turned out. The fireplace with the little tea light lit for the fire is just sooooo cute. I wish the camera could pick up the glow from it better.



1 comment: