Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Doll Size Garlic Bread




This week I decided to show you how to make the dolls some garlic bread to go with that spaghetti we made last week. This is a really easy and quick project and really fun to do.

If you want specific clay recommendations for the bread check out my Basic Bread video on my channel.

Basically you need an off-white color polymer clay for the bread and you get that by mixing white and beige. Add something for texture this time I used white sand because it was already on my table but for the basic bread tutorial I used cornmeal.

Form a loaf that is about 1 ½” wide and ¾” tall in a basic oval shape. We don't need to freeze this one because we actually want this bread to be slightly flattened. So we are using that tendency of the clay to help us.

Use your chalk to add the crust color and slice in kind of thick slices.

Texture your slices and bake according to the clay directions.

For the “garlic butter” I am using a yellow transparent glass paint. Just lightly brush it onto one cut/textured surface of your bread slices and allow to dry.


That really is all there is to it. 

2 comments:

  1. Is making food for dolls out of air dry and polymer clay safe for kids to play. I have two sweet triplet granddaughters and one grandson who love the eggs, sausage and I made and toast. They will be five next month.

    I use to this on a lot smaller scale ie play dough just for fun. Then kids grew up now I have the sweet little girls who love to play dolls. The scale ratio is what really throws me. I did things like mice, cups, ect. to show kids you do not need cookie cutters to create. They have My Life 14" and 18" that the mother. I will text more later have to get up early tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete