Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Doll Size Egg Rolls




This week we are going to be using the very same clay combinations that we used last week for the pot-stickers. If you missed that video and blog post you can find the blog post here.

These egg rolls are super easy to make, you just cut the wrapper square, place it so one corner is facing you, add some filling and roll them up. Pretty much the same way you make the real thing.

I know there is a lot of variation in how egg rolls look, what is inside, how big they are, etc I just based these on the ones from my favorite Chinese restaurant.

For the dipping sauce I would normally of used a reddish-orange color of Gallery Glass or another brand of glass paint. The only problem was that when I went to gather my supplies my bottle that would have been the right color had gone solid. So I needed an alternative. Hence the use of the Triple Thick colored with the acrylic paint. I ended up using both the red and an orange (along with the drop of Amber Gallery Glass) to get a color that was pretty close to what I wanted.

This is a super easy project, I hope you enjoyed it. I am hoping to add more to the doll's take-out meal in the next few weeks. I am working the kinks out of a couple of ideas, so be sure to check back next week to see if I came up with more.....




No comments:

Post a Comment