Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Where Have I Been???

I know at least a few of you have been wondering where I have been the last couple of months. I really didn't drop off the face of the earth. I just had some stuff I had to deal with. Life has been kind of out of control since the first of November and I admit I am still very stressed and battling some depression but I do see the light at the end of tunnel.

I will be back to making tutorials soon so don't worry. I have some things planned I just haven't had it in me to do them.



Last week however my friend Craig (the very talented designer behind the label Sharp Dressed Dolls) had a dress pattern to be tested. For those that don't know I am one of the lucky people to be on his pattern testing team. I had been putting off sewing for a while, not sure why because it is one of the things that makes me very happy. But anyway I bit the bullet and got out my sewing stuff and created the green dress in these photos. As normal sewing had a miraculous effect on me. I started to feel so much better emotionally and better able to deal with the stuff that is going on.

I love this dress and really do recommend that you pick up the pattern. You can find it here, it is really a fun sew. And the thing that I really like about this particular pattern was how everyone on the testing team came up with very different dresses from the same pattern.








As soon as I got the Marlene dress finished I decided to tackle the Sew Along project for my doll sewing group. The theme this month was shopping. We had 3 choices with the theme:
  1. a cute outfit for shopping at the mall
  2. shopping for clothes- winter clothes/ shopping bags, boxes for the clothes to go into
  3. Spa visit (robe/wrap towel, facial mask, etc


I decided to create a fun outfit for Molly to wear to the mall. I made the shirt from Simplicity 5733, a tank top and leggings from Liberty Jane (Pixie Faire) patterns. She is also wearing a pair of boots from my stash I think I picked them up at the craft store and she is carrying a purse that I made a long time ago and I have no idea what pattern I used.



Thanks for reading the blog and I do promise I will be back with some tutorials soon. I am also hoping to get back to posting some more Allison's Journal posts too. 

8 comments:

  1. I love that you test for Craig. I saw this posted in the Pixiefaire pattern testers group, but I was busy testing other items. He does great patterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to say, that I hope you are feeling better. This is a rough time of year for so many.

      Delete
  2. I hope you are doing okay, it is a rough time of year. I am a new follower but just know that you are missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're doing better! Really, really miss you and your tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you much peace and happiness in this new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanne, for testing The Marlene Dress pattern. You always make make my designs look wonderful.

      Delete
  6. Glad you are feeling better. I really enjoy your tutorials and watch them often.

    ReplyDelete