Monday, October 26, 2015

Doll Size Halloween Whoopie Pies


This week I thought it would be fun to continue the Halloween party food theme for the dolls. I was looking at one of my many cookbooks the other day and ran across a recipe for people size Halloween Whoopie pies. I decided that they would be a perfect project for doll size and even though this batch is Hallween theme you can easily make them fit any time of year and be any flavor you wish by just adjusting the the decorations and changing the color of clay you use.



I used a roughly equal mix of Original Sculpey and Tangerine Fimo. Any white and orange clays would work for this project.

Once again this week I used a clay cutter to portion out the clay this is really the easiest way to make sure that all your pieces come out the same size when you are done. It does save you a lot of work in the long run, trust me on this one.

To texture I am using some tools you have seen me use before on my tutorials if you have been watching me for very long: the pot scrubber and a toothbrush. I do prefer the pot scrubbers from the dollar store because they have a softer, finer texture than the ones from the regular grocery store but either will work fine. The toothbrush is one of my most used tools when it comes to texturing clay especially when I am making baked goods.

Also again this week I formed my clay cakes (?) on my piece of sandpaper. This really cuts down on the amount of work you need to do to get wonderful “baked” texture. I think this particular piece of sandpaper has finally gotten to the end of its useful life however since it stuck to so many of the clay pieces. I think this was at least the 6th time I had baked on it though so it has gotten a bit of use. I might try to use it again we shall see.

The faces are really fun to paint using the Scribbles 3-D fabric paint. Use your imagination and see what faces you can come up with.

Also if you have been watching my channel you probably weren't surprised to see the tube of caulk show up again this week. It really does make the perfect frosting.

I think the most important step with these to make sure you allow enough time to let each step dry before you go onto the next step.

I hope you enjoyed this project, be sure to subscribe/ follow me to see more projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment