Thursday, August 23, 2018

Sewing Doll Clothes 101 pt 2



This is part 2 of the new series, if you haven't watched part 1 it can be found here.




I do want to start by apologizing for the awful paper crinkling noise during part of the video. I didn't catch it in time to do much about it. I was so short on time this week and my computer was struggling so that made everything take way longer. I made the decision to just leave it and go ahead with the video as was. In order to do a voice over the video would have been way later getting posted. Next time I will be more aware of the paper and do any moving of the large sheets off camera.

So this week we look at the stuff that comes inside the pattern envelope. Those items being mostly the instruction sheets and the pattern itself.

We also did a quick bit of fitting the pattern, I decided that overall the top was going to fit okay on my doll but I wanted it to be longer. So minimal adjustments were made.

I have decided to do the series as a 2 section series and show how to adjust the same patterns (I hope, providing I can get the same patterns again) to fit a skinnier doll like the Journey Girl line.

I had found a really cute “fat quarter” at the fabric store recently and decided to use that to make the top this time.

Next time we will move on to the sewing, starting by making any adjustments to the machine and we'll also talk about seam allowances.


No comments:

Post a Comment