Thursday, February 4, 2021

Let's Sew Doll Clothes part 1

 

Watch the video here.




I am back and doing videos again and I want to finally get the series on sewing doll clothes to you. I know I started a series on this topic a couple of years ago, life kind of got in the way. If you want to learn a bit more about what happened I wrote a blog post on my miniature blog a while back. You can find that here if you are interested in that.


Now on to sewing doll clothes.


Today we are just looking at the pattern envelopes and at some of the tools you will need to sew some doll clothes.



I know there is a lot of information on the pattern envelop and sometimes it is hard to know what is important and what isn't. Hopefully by the time this series is under way you will feel confident in looking at the envelope and understand all of the information.


As for tools/supplies, You will need access to a sewing machine, it doesn't have to be a fancy one. There are a lot of inexpensive machines out there that are fine to learn on. My machine is not an expensive one and it does just fine.


I will go over the basics of how to use the machine as we go along.


You will also need access to an iron and ironing surface (usually an ironing board). If you want your clothes to look nice you will need to be able to iron them, especially the ones made of woven fabrics.


You will also need- fabric scissors, paper scissors, pins, tape measure, seam ripper, thread to match your project and bobbins for your machine. I forgot to get out a marking pencil but we will also need that.



If you have any questions be sure to ask me. I will do my best to stay on top of answering all the questions.




No comments:

Post a Comment