Thursday, March 11, 2021

Let's Sew Doll Clothes part 6

 

Watch the video here.

 

 



This week on our sewing doll clothes tutorial we are finishing the t-shirt. I go over how to hem the sleeves as well as the bottom of the top. I also show you how to insert the sleeve into the top using a flat construction method, meaning we sew the sleeve on before we sew the side seam. This is normally the way doll clothes are sewn since the area would be really tight to try to sew the sleeve in after sewing those seams. And the final step is to put in the Velcro closure on the back. 


I do know that some people love Velcro and some hate it, I am using it this week simply because it is probably the easiest option. Just be sure that the Velcro you purchase is the sew in kind, it works so much better. I always split my Velcro into 3 strips for doll clothes to keep it more in scale and not so stiff. It also means that the Velcro goes further since in some stores it can be fairly expensive. 






On later garments in this series I will show you some other ways to close the back of the garment so you will have more options.


I love how this top turned out and I think I will be making a couple more of them using more than one color. Let me know if you would like me to film some of those too. I am thinking of doing one that could be done in school colors for a sports uniform look.


Next week we will be decorating the front of the top. I just have to decide which method I want to show you this time. I have multiple ideas kicking around in my head right now.


I hope you are enjoying this series as much as I am enjoying filming it. Be sure to share the links with your friends that would benefit from my videos.




No comments:

Post a Comment