Thursday, April 1, 2021

Let's Sew Doll Clothes part 8

 


Watch the video here.

 

 



This week's video is a bit shorter than some of the others in the series. I simply didn't have time to go much further and it seemed like a good place to stop. I do apologize for being off screen during some of the clipping of notches. I didn't realize how far I had zoomed the camera view in. I'll try to be more aware in the future.


Anyway, this week we cut out the pieces to make our doll pajamas. I think this is going to be a fun project and it is super simple to make. We are working with a knit but I chose a fairly stable knit for this so it shouldn't cause any problems. I do love this fabric because it has a bit of sparkle via some glitter on the print. So cute for this outfit.


Other than keeping the stretch of the fabrics going around the body of the garments there really isn't much of a trick to cutting this one out.







I do highly recommend pre-washing your main fabric but not the ribbing fabric before cutting this out. I generally wash any fabrics before sewing with a very few exceptions. Whenever we get to those exceptions I will go over them. For this project the ribbing is the exception, it should really never be washed before sewing. If it is it won't work as well.


I am still working on the video for decorating doll clothing. It will probably end up actually being multiple videos that are sprinkled in between other videos of this series. I think I have too many ideas for just one video. That one is going to require a lot of prep work however since I am going to make a bunch of simple doll t-shirts to use to show the methods. Please be patient it will come in a while.


If you have questions or would like to suggest ideas for future videos be sure let me know. You can ask/suggest here in the comments, over on the Facebook page, on the video comments or via a personal message.

No comments:

Post a Comment