Thursday, February 25, 2021

Let's Sew Doll Clothes part 4


Watch the video here.




This week we are continuing with our first sewing project, the doll shorts. In fact we are finishing the shorts! So if you are following along give yourself a big pat on the back for finishing your first sewing project!



Again I do apologize for the horrible camera angles. I will figure out where to put the camera for decent angles one of these days.


Our first step today is to add the casing for the elastic and then add the elastic. I did decide to use 3/8” elastic instead of the 1/2” that the pattern calls for. For one I was out of the correct size but also I do prefer the narrower for this scale. It is a small change but I think it does make a difference.


We also did the top-stitching for the “fly” front. I showed you my favorite way of transferring the markings for these types of situations. You can use any thin clean paper, even some of the excess pattern paper from between the pattern pieces.


Here is a photo of how I had the needle/ fabric set up for this stitching.






And here is one showing how close I was to the edge to sew the extra line of stitching on the edge.


 

 

 

The last step is to sew a button onto the waistband to close them up. I like to knot the thread between the pairs of holes because that way if the thread breaks you won't loose the button.


Next week we will be starting the t-shirt.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment