Friday, October 1, 2021

Doll Size Halloween Candy

 


Watch the video here.




Since October is just around the corner I thought it would be fun to make some Halloween candy for the dolls. This is a super easy polymer clay project that even a total beginner can handle. Part of the reason is candy comes in all sizes so if your candy is smaller or bigger than what I made it doesn't matter so much. Just make it a size that looks right to you with your doll.


I am using a total of 4 colors of polymer clay- orange, black, pearl, and translucent. For this project except for the translucent any brand of clay will be fine. I do find that the Sculpey III brand of translucent seems to work out better in this type of project.


If you don't have/ can't find pearl you can use white in its place I just prefer the pearl because it looks more “sugary” when baked.


My clay blends were: Black- 2 parts black with 1 part translucent

Orange- 2 parts orange with 1 part translucent

Pearl- 1 part pearl with 1 part translucent

(for white I would suggest 2 parts white with 1 part translucent)


Once you have your clay mixed you can start playing. Just make snakes of clay and combine them to make the candies you desire. The sky is the limit here and there are plenty of pictures online to inspire you if you run out of ideas.


For the lollipops I made I used a 7/8” circle as my target size but feel free to go bigger or smaller. Lollipops in real life come in all sizes from tiny to giant. I used regular round toothpicks for the sticks. I dipped the toothpicks in some TLS (Translucent Liquid Sculpey) to help hold them in but if you don't have any you can skip that step.



I also made some fun small hard candies both sliced ones and round balls. The balls made with the scraps are probably my favorites because they look so intricate but were so easy to do and used up some of the scrapes of the pretty canes.


After baking your candies according to the directions on your clay it is time to give them a coat of a clear finish. I used some Satin finish Mod Podge I like it because it is easy to use and clay friendly.


After that all you need to do is trim the points off the lollipop sticks and give them to your dolls.





As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.





1 comment:

  1. Joanne, your talent is fabulous!!!! Thank you sooo very much for sharing ;) I'm posting your link to my two AG doll sites! Melinda
    evrnstitches@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete