Friday, January 6, 2023

Doll Size Sour Gummy Worms

 


Watch the video here.




I know it has been forever since I posted but I am hopeful that this year I can keep up with everything and give you guys a tutorial almost every week. I am aiming for a minimum of 3 per month but I am hoping to have something for you every week. I am planning to do a mix of polymer clay foods, paper projects and some sewing mixed in too. If you have requests be sure to let me know.


That means I need you all to do me a favor, comment on the videos over on YouTube and hit that thumbs up button. Also if you could pass the link to the video along to your friends that make doll things that would be really helpful too.


This week I have a fun candy tutorial for you, some of those sour gummy worms. They are so easy to make even for someone that hasn’t done a lot of clay projects.


The real candies have a translucent quality to them so we are going to be using mostly translucent clay. The brand doesn’t matter some brands are more translucent than others but this project is pretty forgiving.


As for the colors here is what I used to come as close to the brand of candies I had bought.



Fimo- Mandarin

Fimo- Peppermint

Fimo- Plum

Sculpey III- Red Hot Red

Sculpey III- Yellow

Sculpey III- Granny Smith Green

 

 

I used 4 parts Translucent clay with 1 part of the colored clay for each color. I then baked a small sample of the colors and adjusted my mix. I did have to add a bit more translucent to the plum since it is a denser color.


Once I was happy with the color I rolled the clays into skinny snakes and cut them into pieces about 3/8” long. I then paired the colors so that each set had two colors that looked like they belonged together. I did consult the candy package that I had to get combinations somewhat.



 

I then smooshed the ends of the pieces together in each pair and make a snake about ¾” to 1” long.


 

 

 

 

 

I rolled these using my clay roller slightly to make them the thickness of a set of double layer craft-sticks. And then cut them to about the same width as they were thick. These candies in real life are a somewhat square shape not a round snack shape.


 

 


 

 

Then I rolled the raw clay candies in some white sand to coat them.


 

 

 


I moved them to my baking surface (a plain paper plate) making sure to give them each a bit of a curve. These candies are never straight when you get them.


Next I baked them at the temperature recommended for my clay for 10 minutes and allowed them to cool to room temperature.



 

 

 

There you have some really easy but fun candies for your favorite 18” dolls.



 

 

 


 

And here you can see the doll size along side a real candy.

 

 

 

 

As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment