Friday, December 24, 2021

Doll Size Pretzels

 


Watch the video here.

 

 




Today I thought we would treat the dolls to some of those soft pretzels like you can get at some of the malls. I know I love them and there is usually a line formed in front of the counter whenever I walk by the store.


These are fairly easy clay project to make. We are really only making a snake of clay that is between ¼” and ⅜” in diameter and about 8” long. Since these pretzels come in different sizes depending on where you get them this is just a guide.






To form the pretzel it is just a matter of twisting-






And flipping to make the pretzel shape. Again the exact shape can vary a bit depending on who is making them.





Once you are happy with the shape it is time to use some artist chalks to color the pretzel and make it look all “golden brown and delicious” like they say on TV.


Start with a yellow ocher color chalk and cover most of the surface of the pretzel.


Follow with a reddish brown and finally a tiny bit of dark brown to give a nice baked look.


Once the color is the way you want it time to bake your pretzels in a 275°F for about 15 minutes. Allow them to cool completely.


While the clay is baking we can prepare our “salt” for the top. This was the part of the project that took the most thinking for me. I wanted to use something that would not only be in scale but would also be easy to do. I came up with mixing a bit of white sand with some Mod Podge and allowing it to dry. This can then be broken up and it looks like in scale coarse salt.


Once the pretzels have cooled all the way to room temperature coat just a small area of the top at a time with some Satin Mod Podge and sprinkle on a bit of our “salt” You will need to work in small areas because the Mod Podge needs to be wet to work as our glue for the “salt”. Allow to dry then just dab a bit more Mod Podge on top of the “salt” to help it stay in place.


Once completely dry you are all finished. I love how these turned out. I hope you also like them. Remember if you make things from any of my tutorials I would love to see them. Also I am always open to suggestions of what to make for these tutorials so if you are looking for something in particular let me know so I can add it to the list.





As always I do want to sincerely thank all of you for watching my videos and reading my blog posts. It means so much to me that you are supporting me in this way. If I could ask you all to do just a bit more by subscribing to the channel and liking the videos and leaving comments. Those help more than you can imagine. Also if you could pass the links on to your friends I would appreciate it so much.




No comments:

Post a Comment